Careers guidance for young people
Entrust Careers Advisers work across schools in the West Midlands to ensure young people are prepared for further learning and the world of the work.
We support learners to:
- Understand the full range of options available to them including further education, apprenticeships, higher education, employment, training routes, internships and GAP years
- Explore a variety of careers locally, nationally and internationally
- Research universities, complete a UCAS statement, the clearing process and student finance
- Develop their employability skills such as writing a CV, searching and applying for jobs and preparing for the interview process
Schools are responsible for providing learners in years 8 - 13 with impartial and independant careers guidance. If you would like further support, please talk to your school in the first instance.
Careers guidance for adult learners
The National Careers Service provide information, advice and guidance to help adult learners make decisions on learning, training and work. They can support you to:
- Write a CV
- Carry out a skills health check
- Write an action plan
- Search for courses
- Explore job roles so you can understand what a job involves and if it's right for you
You can find out more on the National Careers Service website.