Funding for Training

Maximise opportunitites, upskill your workforce and improve staff morale

We understand how complex funding in the UK can be and we want to make it easier for you to maximise the opportunities available to you​​.

Apprenticeship Levy

The apprenticeship levy is a new government initiative announced in the 2015 Summer Budget. It aims to increase the quantity and quality of apprenticeships and will see an additional 3 million apprenticeship starts in England by 2020.

From 6 April 2017, employers need to pay 0.5% of their pay bill (if over 3 million pounds) towards training apprentices but those employers who are committed to the measure will be able to get back more than they put in by training sufficient numbers of apprentices. Those employers who are committed will receive a government top up of 10% and an allowance of £15,000.

The levy can only be used to pay for apprenticeship training. Use our levy calculator to find out how much your levy payment is. If you do not need to pay a levy, there is financial support to help you to train apprentices within your organisation. You will need to pay 10% of the cost of the apprenticeship training, government funding will be provided for the remaining 90% of the training costs.  

The Adult Education Budget

The adult education budget (AEB) is available to fund training that is not funded by European Social Fund, Advanced Learner Loans or Apprenticeships.
The purpose of the AEB is to provide adults with the skills and learning they need to equip them for work, an apprenticeship or further learning.
The AEB recognises the effectiveness of training eager, motivated and enthusiastic workers in order to improve business performance and build a committed and skilled workforce.
Through bespoke training we aim to build employability skills and help individuals gain nationally recognised qualifications through delivery of the RQF (Regulated qualifications framework). What’s more? The courses are fully funded and there’s no cost to the individual or business!




"I couldn’t have asked for any more and I am extremely excited to be progressing to the Level 3 advanced apprenticeship with Entrust in the autumn. "

Sophie Sutton - WM Primary School, Tamworth